Definition of high-level coordination techniques for robotic soccer teams (including strategies, tactics, formations, dynamic role assignment, strategic positioning methodologies) using RoboCup soccer simulators and FC Portugal Base Code (European and World Champion of RoboCup 2006 - Simulation 3D League). The Workshop will end with a simulated robosoccer mini-tournament, between teams developed by the students during the practical session.
· Introduction to Soccer Simulation.
· Soccer Server Simulator.
· Examples of RoboCup Soccer Simulator in use.
· FC Portugal Base Code.
· Examples of FC Portugal code in use.
Practical Session - Algorithm Design (Introduction)
· Design of basic collective robosoccer strategies.
· Test of basic collective strategies with different opponents.
· Design of advanced strategies (including tactics, formations, setplays and player types).
· Strategy test and refining for different opponents.
· Advanced coordination algorithms design: Situation Based Strategic Positioning, Dynamic Positioning and Role Exchange, Flexible Setplay Selection and others.
· Design of a simple RoboSoccer team with advanced coordination techniques.
· Simulated RoboSoccer Mini-tournament: Featuring all teams developed by the students.
· Luís Paulo Reis and Nuno Lau, FC Portugal Team Description: RoboCup 2000 Simulation League Champion, in Peter Stone, Tucker Balch and Gerhard Kraetzschmar, editors, RoboCup-2000: Robot Soccer World Cup IV, Springer LNAI, Vol. 2019, pp.29-40, Berlin, 2001, ISBN 3-540-42185-8
· Luis Paulo Reis, Nuno Lau and Eugénio C. Oliveira, Situation Based Strategic Positioning for Coordinating a Team of Homogeneous Agents in Markus Hannebauer, Jan Wendler and Enrico Pagello Editors, Balancing Reactivity and Social Deliberation in Multi-Agent System – From RoboCup to Real-World Applications, Springer LNAI, Vol. 2103, pp. 175-197, Berlin, 2001, ISBN 3-540-42327-3
· Luís Paulo Reis and Nuno Lau, COACH UNILANG – A Standard Language for Coaching a (Robo) Soccer Team, in Andreas Birk, Silvia Coradeschi and Satoshi Tadokoro, editors, RoboCup-2001: Robot Soccer World Cup V, Springer Verlag LNAI, Vol. 2377, pp. 183-192, Berlin, 2002, ISBN 3-540-43912-9
· Nuno Lau and Luís Paulo Reis, FC Portugal 2001 Team Description: Configurable Strategy and Flexible Teamwork, in Andreas Birk, Silvia Coradeschi and Satoshi Tadokoro, editors, RoboCup-2001: Robot Soccer World Cup V, Springer Verlag LNAI, Vol. 2377, pp. 515-518, Berlin, 2002, ISBN 3-540-43912-9
· João Certo, Nuno Cordeiro, Luis Paulo Reis and Nuno Lau, FC Portugal: Search and Rescue in Urban Catastrophes, CISTI 2007 - 2ª Conferência Ibérica de Sistemas e Tecnologias de Informação, Novas Perspectivas em Sistemas e Tecnologias de Informação, edited by Álvaro Rocha et al., Edições Universidade Fernando Pessoa, Vol. II, pp. 193-204, 21-23 de Junho, 2007, Porto, Portugal, ISBN: 978-972-8830-88-5
· Luís Paulo Reis, Nuno Lau, Francisco Reinaldo, Nuno Cordeiro and João Certo. FC Portugal: Development and Evaluation of a New RoboCup Rescue Team. 1st IFAC Workshop on Multivehicle Systems (MVS'06), Bahia Convention Center, Salvador, Brazil, October 2 – 3, 2006
· Luís Paulo Reis and Nuno Lau, FC Portugal 2002 Coach: High-Level Coaching of RoboSoccer Games, CD Proceedings of the 2002 International RoboCup Symposium, edited by Gal Kaminka, Pedro Lima and Raul Rojas, Fukuoka, Japão, June 24-25, 2002
· António Paulo Moreira, Paulo Costa, Armando Sousa and Luís Paulo Reis, 5dpo 2001 Team Description – Middle Size League, Proceedings of the 2002 International RoboCup Symposium, edited by Gal Kaminka, Pedro Lima and Raul Rojas, Fukuoka, Japão, June 24-25, 2002
· João Certo, Nuno Lau and Luis Paulo Reis. A Generic Multi-Robot Coordination Strategic Layer. ROBOCOMM: First International Conference on Robot Communication and Coordination, Athens, Greece, 2007
· João Certo, Nuno Cordeiro, Francisco Reinaldo, Luís Paulo Reis and Nuno Lau, FCPx: A Tool for Evaluating Teams' Performance in RoboCup Rescue Simulation League, in Gelbukh, A. and Reyes-Garcia, C. eds, Special Issue: Advances in Artificial Intelligence, Research in Computing Science, Vol. 26, pp.137-148, November 2006, ISSN: 1870-4069
· Luis Mota, Luís Paulo Reis. Setplays: Achieving Coordination by the appropriate Use of arbitrary Pre-defined Flexible Plans and inter-robot Communication. ROBOCOMM: First International Conference on Robot Communication and Coordination, Athens, Greece, 2007
· FC Portugal (Univ. Porto/Univ. Aveiro) - Simulation 2D/3D and Coach Leagues
· FC Portugal (Univ. Porto/Univ. Aveiro) - Rescue Simulation League
· FCPx (Univ. Porto/Univ. Aveiro) - A tool for rescue agent evaluation
· FC Portugal (Univ. Porto/Univ. Aveiro/LIACC/ISR-P/Ancorensis) - Legged League
· 5DPO (Univ. Porto) - Small Size and Middle Size Leagues
· Desktop computers with the The RoboCup Soccer Simulator 11.1.x will be available. If attendees wish to install the simulator on their laptops (Linux) please do so in the following order:
· Examples will be coded in C++, using FC Portugal team base code under Linux operating system
· For testing purposes the following 32 bits binaries can be used:
For technical support regarding the soccer server installation please contact João Certo
Luís Paulo Reis (Distributed Artificial Intelligence & Robotics Group - Porto - Portugal)